Danish · French · English
For Businesses and Professionals (B2B)
I am a freelance translator named Thomas T. Frost. I have lived and worked in Denmark, England, France, Luxembourg and Germany and used English, French, and Danish as working languages notably in IT, freelance writing, tourism, relocation, and translation.
- Native languages: Danish and British English.
- Second language: French as it used in France. Proficiency.
- Comprehension of Norwegian.
- Some comprehension of Swedish.
- Basic German skills.
Apart from simply delivering a translation, providing a personal, friendly, and reliable service is an integrated part of the way I work. Organisation, punctuality, reliability and attention to detail come naturally to me.
At a Glance
Lived & Worked in:
Other Online Presence:
(the links open in new tabs)
IT Career, IBM Mainframe:
- Programmer: 2 years.
Danish and English used.
- Systems specialist: 17 years
out of which IBM: 12 years.
English (17 y.), French (3 y.) and Danish (10 y.) used.
- Translation: 7 years.
Danish, French and English used.
- Personal assistant: 6 years.
French and English used.
- Freelance writing: occasional.
- Tourism: 6 years.
French and English used.
- Web editor, webmaster:
Translation: Specialist and Typical Working Subjects:
- Business, commerce.
- Horoscopes, esoterica.
- Tourism, travel.
- User manuals.
Click here for my contact and quote page.
- Typical prices are
shown below. However, please note that only a quote based on the actual
text to be translated is binding.
Please note: no sale to consumers.
per source word
(exclusive of VAT)
From French to Danish €0.10 From Danish to British English €0.09 From English to Danish €0.09 From French to British English €0.09
- Significant formatting work required will be charged at the rate for Other Linguistic Services.
- Minimum price per order: €20.00 exclusive of VAT.
- Payment methods and terms: see terms and conditions.
Word count: The number of words is in most cases determined by Microsoft Word's or MemoQ's word count, but particular texts may require exceptions, such as for example in case of a many numbers or names which don't require translation.
- MemoQ Translator Pro, which enables me to handle the most common formats including, but not limited to:
- SDL TradosTag (.TTX)
- SDL Trados / Wordfast Classic bilingual RTF (.RTF or .DOC, pre-segmented)
- SDL Worldserver XLIFF (.XLZ)
- SDLXLIFF (.SDLXLIFF)
- SDL Studio package (.SDLPPX)
- Handoff packages (.MQOUT)
- Handback packages (.MQBACK)
- STAR Transit project (.PXF, .PPF)
- TIPP package
- Memsource Editor: free version; may require a server-side linguist licence
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Microsoft Office 2010 Language Pack that includes Danish, French and English
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Expression Web 4 (successor to FrontPage)
- Microsoft Expression Design 4
Other Linguistic Services
€35.00 exclusive of VAT per hour. Please note: no sale to consumers.
Minimum price per order: €20.00 exclusive of VAT.
Payment methods and terms: see terms and conditions.
© Copyright Thomas T. Frost 2014, 2018 except when otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.
No sale to consumers. This website is not intended for users resident in Germany. Why?